How are you doing this week? Is back-to-school preparing going okay? Such an exciting and daunting time of year! Please know that we are praying for you as you prepare to launch your kiddos into another school year.
We are still in need of teachers and faith friends for the upcoming Sunday School year:
- Teachers: Do you want to be a part of teaching kiddos the Gospel message, engage the kiddos with the Bible stories, and walk with the children in new ways to approach an old book? Think about teaching! You will get to teach either art, science, cooking, or games - all stations that get at the theme in a new way. It's a lot of fun, and very rewarding! Teachers leave service with the Sunday School children after Children's Time every Sunday and are expected to commit to at least one unit (5 weeks) of service to our precious children.
- Faith Friends: Do you want to help out with Sunday School but don't necessarily want to teach? Do you want to form relationships with the kids that lead to awesome conversations about God, life, and how this Gospel connects with our daily lives? Consider being a Faith Friend - the person who travels with the students to the different stations each week. Faith Friends leave with the Sunday School children after Children's Time every Sunday and are expected to commit to at least 2 units (10 weeks) of service to our precious children.
If you are able to serve the children by being a teacher of Faith Friend, please join us a 10:30 on Sunday the 25th of August for a Sunday School volunteer training. If you cannot make that meeting, then please join us at 5:30 on Wednesday the 28th. It is awesome to join with God in what he is doing in the lives of our little ones! Please connect with me if you are interested. :)
- August 24th at 2:00: Critter Sketch! We are partnering with the Humane Society and Art Reach to help tend God's four-legged creations. There will be live animals, time to hang out, and lots of fun! Learn how to draw an animal from someone from Art Reach, then draw animals currently at the Humane Society who are up for adoption! The drawings will be given to the Humane Society to use to help get the animals adopted. Bring a friend, draw a creature, and partner with God in tending his furry critters!
- August 25th at 10:30: Sunday School volunteer meeting
- August 28th at 5:30: Sunday School volunteer meeting
- Sheldon Theater volunteering: the lovely people at Sheldon Theater let us use some royal costumes during VBS to dress up the event! In return, they are asking for our help in the costume shop. Are you willing/able to help out? Details TBD.
- Leaf raking: as we did last fall, there will be a day where we gather together to help rake leaves of people in our community. Details TBD.
- Rally Sunday/ First day of Sunday School: September 8th!!!!!!!! Yay, first day of Sunday School!! Please note that on this day, the kiddos need to be at church by 8:30 as we will be singing some of the songs from this year's VBS during service...and Pastor Greg is dying his hair a fun color since the kiddos raised over $300 for Imagine No Malaria during VBS!!!!!!! AND next year's VBS theme will be announced!! God is doing great things!
VERSE TO PONDER
If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Romans 14:8 NIV
DID YOU KNOW...
...1 in 4 children in the U.S. (according to recent estimates) have been diagnosed with a psychological disorder of some kind. Chances are that you know a child who lives with one or more of these diagnoses. Did you know that people who lived with psychological disorders are in the Bible? Some say King David had major depression, etc.